Saturday, August 19, 2023

TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH IS THE RESERVES YOU MUST FIRST KNOW WHAT IT IS


I got blasted again, by the Oracle of Singapore, Critical Spectator, that I know nothing about Reserves. I am putting this video out not because I'm miffed by CS, my ego is manageable, but to share with those who really try to undersand it.

The government media has also released a series of videos on Reserves in Youtube. I actually planned my video a little earlier. The timing is just coincidental. My effort is more academic, and a primer to my actual objective of showing what the government does not wish to tell Singaporeas - how much is our national reserves. I will do that in the next blog, on a best efforts basis.






A parting shout out :

Plato said:
“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
If you like what you read here and feel it matters Singaporeans know stuff like this, please click and share with your social circle. This makes my effort worthwhile.



This platform has withdrawn it's subscriber widget. If you like blogs like this and wish to know whenever there is a new post, click the button to my FB and follow me there. I usually intro my new blogs there. Thanks.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pat, for the enlightening explanation on basic balance sheet concepts.

I have zero knowledge to start with except what I have in my wallet and what remains at the end of the day.

But thanks for explaining though, appreciate you spending time and energy to help
many people understand the rudiments.

Keep going..!!

Pat Low said...

Thanks for dropping by and your encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Please continue your great work. Critical Spectator is just a small man who is a PAP sycophant. Its a sad state for the country if a guy in some remote corner of eastern europe needs to prop them up.

Pat Low said...

Thank you for the encouragement.
I am not bothered by CS. I am concerned with his echo chamber of Singaporeans who suck up everything he wrote unquestionably. To be fair I am not discrediting CS completely. Some of his views are valid and OK. But some he is blatantly wrong and his echo chamber cannot distinguish that. And that is my concern. My ardent hope is these folks get a chance to read my post and reassess themselves.